Friday, January 10, 2014

Choosing your flowers :)

When choosing your flowers for a flower garden, the list of characteristics can go on and on. Landscapers often look for size, shape, color, texture, and form that correspond with each other, and flow the best with each other. The color wheel is often the best advise you could gain when deciding which flowers will compliment each other to their most potential.
Popular flowers that are often chosen because of their colors are roses, sweet pea, camellia, stephanotis, narcissus, gardenia, orchid, lily of the valley, jasmine, and snow drop are all chosen for the purpose of being colored white. The color pink attracts the eye to roses, ranunculus, peony, sweet pea, carnation, tulip, protea, boronia, and lily.
The color lavender often comes in mostly to lavender, lilac, anemone, statice, iris, delphinium, and hydrangea. Yellow attracts daffodil, sunflower, tulip, and freesia. With the color red, it mostly applies to gerbera, rose, dahlia, poinsettia, and amaryllis. Picking out flowers can be a difficult decision, when you don't know what you're looking for.

5 comments:

  1. What made you choose this topic? Why is it so interesting to you? TM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gardenia and Jasmine are my favorite flowers. Thanks for the amazing blog about flowers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your topic! I have always loved flowers. I look forward to reading more on your blog, thanks for all the good tips and information :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isaiah Smith, I chose this topic because I simply love flowers. I find them to be so interesting and unique because of the many different uses they posses. My favorite use for them being decoration and smell. The colors I find alluring, and the smells draw me in. Thus causing my passion for flowers.

    ReplyDelete