Friday, January 31, 2014

Interdisiplinary post

In floral design we've been learning how to create basic arrangements, boutonnieres, corsages, and all types of floral arrangements. We learn how to properly cut and trim the flower before proper placing it  in the arrangement. This relates to my topic because of the simple use with flowers. My topic of "flowers" covers all aspects covered in my floral design class. On Tuesday I learned how to perfect a boutonniere.
The relation between this and my topic is, when working with flowers you need to be able to correctly take care of and groom them. This includes removing of the thorns, if there are any. Removing all excess foliage and leafs, which causes them to look stunning. Proper maintenance will keep your flowers looking their best.

4 comments:

  1. i hope to learn a lot about how to make stuff like this because girls like flowers i need to impress them ladies so i look forward to seeing more from you! TM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have any pictures of the arrangements that you have done in floral class? How many years have you been taking the class? I really like your blog it gives me good ideas and I learn new things each time I think your blog is really helpful. What have you enjoyed doing in the class? What is one of your favorite flowers? Do you plan on working at a florist some day?
    A.O

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually Berenice, yes I do have pictures of arrangements I've designed and completed in my floral class this year. This is my first year in the class. I really just enjoy the whole class. Being able to be around flowers all the time truly makes me happy. One of my favorite flowers would definitely have to be a carnation. I love the way they look, and they smell absolutely delightful! :) I hope to own my own nursery one day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is very cool how school does this floral design class. I'm sure you get a lot of your ideas from that class. i hope to hear more about this class and hear more about your topic!

    ReplyDelete